7.28.2006

I'm Diggity Deaf


Oh so very necessary for old gozoos like myself

Last night I went with friends to see Daara J and some other band I hadn't heard of at the Santa Monica Pier for free. Daara J was of course, fantastic, but the real surprise was when this Japanese American dude from Berkeley came out and busted out funky-hip-hop grooves that sounded like they came straight out of the Shattuck Down Low. Lyrics Born was a GREAT show people, it was non-stop, booty shakin' action all night long. The Asian East Bay version of Jurassic 5, if you will. I highly recommend this band. What I don't recommend is standing next to the speakers, or standing behind screechingly high-pitched women as LB's booming voice demands, "SANTA MONIIIICCCCCAAAAA!!!!! Let me hear you make some NOOOOIIIIIISSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!" Ear plugs, my friends, ear plugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home