2.23.2007

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

Leave it to Heeb to dig deep into our Jewishness and come up with someting so painful yet funny:


Comeon, you have to admit you were laughing. But I was also a little freaked. Why do I find this so disturbing? Is it really that sacrilegious? If I looked outside of my religious identity, I would say that a pig is an animal, it has a right to exist, and it just happens to be chilling around some Shabbat table somewhere (although I am sure there is some law out there against having a pig near a prayer book).

Not to get too serious with this posting (by the way, I am loving that punk cover of the Fiddler on the Roof song) but I think it does an interesting job of revealing the power of symbolism and laws in our lives. I ask my fellow Tribesman and Tribeswomen: Was it just me or were you a little freaked out?

2 Comments:

At February 26, 2007 2:50 PM, Blogger may moon chi said...

Actually, that was disgusting. It was symbolic that they used a pig, but I wouldn't like to see a dog on the table, humping the challah, either. First boogers, now animals desecrating a holy meal?! lol.

 
At February 26, 2007 5:01 PM, Blogger Dani California said...

It's gross without a doubt. But is it as painfully disturbing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home