4.07.2007

Chaverah

Chaverah is unique. Her day-to-day musings are so deep, powerful and loaded. She questions all positions and beliefs: hers, yours, theirs. The Quintessential Devil's Advocate. She has a talent for taking a common human experience, dissecting it in her mind, then transforming it into extemporaneous poetry on her tongue. Chaverah has new and recurring existential crisis every day. Forget Socrates, forget Nietzsche. If there is ever a philosopher who will discover the meaning of life, it will be Chaverah.

You would think that having such a complex mind would make her pretentious and removed. Not so. Chaverah is quite personable. If she shares her thoughts, you will not only understand what she is saying, you will relate. Almost everyone relates somehow, because she is caught between so many worlds and has learned to be a social chameleon. First, Chaverah observes as an outsider, then she conjures strategies to assimilate. Despite this, she never fully fits in: somehow her distinctiveness is always exposed. Others are captivated by her. I can tell by the way they look at her and the kinds of questions they ask. Chaverah doesn't see herself this way. When it comes to self-reflection, she is obliviously conscious.

People are so amazingly complex. Connections between two people are doubly complex. Chaverah and I connect, share, argue like sisters. Chaverah and I are so different; in our intellect, our spirituality, our art, our life paths, our families, our culture, our preferences. We learn to acknowledge, then respect, then accommodate each other's differences. I have never received a bad gift from Chaverah. I have never felt judged by Chaverah. I can always tell Chaverah when she doesn't understand me. There is no guarantee that she won't argue about it, but I know she is listening to my grievance. Chaverah inspired me many times, some of which I have yet to realize.

Here's to you my friend. Don't ever change!

3 Comments:

At April 07, 2007 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danz, that was lovely.

 
At April 16, 2007 1:14 PM, Blogger may moon chi said...

Who is this friend of yours? She sounds amazing! :)

 
At April 16, 2007 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is she? i must meet this woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home